Pages

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Review Slim Leather Wallet Case for iPhone 4/4S

Review Slim Leather Wallet Case for iPhone 4/4S

I was offered an opportunity to test and review the Vault Skin iPhone 4 case. I get asked to review a lot of iPhone cases and I wasn't too excited to get yet another iPhone case to test. But it arrived a few days ago and I have to admit that I like this case a lot.

It's part conventional, plastic protective case and part leather wallet. By that I mean that the part your iPhone snaps into is a fairly standard plastic shell with appropriate cutouts for everything (camera, volume buttons, speakers, 30-pin connector, etc). The case actually grips my iPhone extremely securely and I have no fears about it popping out of the case. It's excellent.
But the back of the case has a very nice leather sleeve. It is attached at the bottom and left edge to the case. The top edge and right side are "open" and a magent keeps the top corner of the open side closed when it needs to be closed. This allows you to slide in up to 6 or 7 credit cards (or several folded paper bills). The magnet holds the flap closed and the cards do not slip out even though one edge of the stack of cards is visible. Realistically I'd never pack 7 or 8 cards into this... only 3 or 4 max. You'd think the cards might slip out, but they just don't. I do have some concern about the magnet though. Since most credit cards have a magnetic stripe on the back of then, I do wonder whether there is the risk of the data embedded on the magnetic strip being affected by the magnet on the cover, since it is in very close proximity to the cards, particularly when you are sliding the card in and out of the case. So far I've not have any issues but it is something to keep an eye on. Until it actually damages a card, it's not an issue, just a concern.

Additionally, there is a slot in which you can slide an additional card. That's where I put my most frequently used card.

This is really excellent because there are many times, especially when going to the gym, where I don't want to have my entire wallet with me. Just my phone and a couple of credit cards. This fits the bill perfectly.

It's attractive, slim and completely functional. I love it and recommend it.
Review from Mr Erb.Thanks for watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment