Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Review Despicable Me Soft Silicone Case with 3D Anti-plus Mini Pen for iPhone 4

Review Despicable Me Soft Silicone Case with 3D Anti-plus Mini Pen for iPhone 4

It pains me to have to rate this case so poorly because I loved the Despicable Me design as soon as I saw it. The Despicable Me character is adorable and will certainly appeal to children and children-at-heart.

Also included is a cute, stubby styuls with a short cord/plug that allows you to attach it to the headphone jack on the iPhone.
The Despicable Me case is made of a very soft silicone. You might think, as I did initially, that this would be very protective and cushioning for the iPhone.

Well, It is soft and protective as long as you aren't actually handling the iPhone... once you start actually using the iPhone and handling it the phone can literally fall out of the case. This actually happened to me within one minute of putting my phone in the case. This presents a big problem especially when considering that this is most likely going to be handled by a child who would likely not be as careful as an adult.

Another problem with the case is that because of it's larger size and soft silicone material, it's nearly impossible to slip into a pants pocket. The silicone is so soft that it streches easily when you pull the phone out of a somewhat tight pocket and again, the phone can fall right out of the case.

I also must mention that the iPhone Mute switch is not accessible through the case. There is no cutout for the mute switch.

The primary purpose of an iPhone case as far as I am concerned is to protect the phone from drops and bumps. Having your phone fall out of the case unexpectedly should not be something you should have to worry about. I've had numerous cases for my iPhone and I've never had a case that literally allowed my phone to slip out of it unexpectedly.

As far as the cuteness factor, it's a solid 5. But for protection it's very poor.

Sadly, this case fails miserably as protection for your expensive iPhone.

I was provided a sample of this case for testing and review. I agreed to provide a fair and honest review whether it be positive or negative. If you have any questions please leave me a comment and I"ll answer if I can.
Review from Mr Erb.Thanks for watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment