Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Review Pawtec Signature Mini Dual USB Car Charger

Review Pawtec Signature Mini Dual USB Car Charger

This Pawtec 2 port USB car charger works very well in my usage. It is minimal in size and every little bit of savings in size helps in my car since I have a lot of plugs and adapters that take up valuable space.

This is a dual-port design. A small blue LED indicates that power is available at the ports. The LED remains lit all the time whether or not a device is plugged in to it. One of the USB ports provides 1A of output while the other port provides 2.1A for devices capable of taking advantage of the higher output like iPads. You are able to use both ports simultaneously and the maximum output is 3A.

The charger is smart enough to know to shut off power to the port your device is connected to when it is fully charged so that's great. You do not have to worry about unplugging your device once it has been charged.

Most car chargers have fuse protection and the fuse is generally located inside the tip that plugs into your car power outlet. This is a fuseless design that really appeals to me because I have had fuses blow in the past and if you don't have a replacement fuse you are basically out of power until you can get a replacement. Although there is no fuse, it is still protected against overload. The plug was secure in my power port with no wobble or looseness in the socket.

I like the design and function of the Pawtec car charger. It does cost somewhat more than other competing products but I believe the fuseless design, compact size and bullt-in protections make it worth the price.

I was provided a complimentary sample for testing and review with no expectation that I would provide a positive review. If you have any questions, please leave a comment and I will answer if I can.
Review from Mr Erb.Thanks for watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment