Pages

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Review Tuff-Guard Extra Flexible

Review Tuff-Guard Extra Flexible

Why would you pay $50 for a 50' garden hose when you can buy an el-cheapo garden hose at a Big Box Retail store for $12 or $15? Beacause the el-cheapo garden hose will kink, leak, burst, tear and generally be a waste of money. The el-cheapo garden hoses are many times, nylon reinforced vinyl and they just don't hold up or perform very well. They get ridiculously stiff in cold weather and the fittings are of poor quality.

This hose on the other hand is literally kink-free. I tied knots into this hose and the knots did not stop or even slow down the water flow.

This hose did not get stiff in cold weather and it coils easily. One of my biggest concerns with this hose before I got it was that I feared it would have a really strong "memory" and would not lay flat or coil easily. I was completely wrong on both counts. It did lay flat and it did coil easily... even in cold weather.
Sometimes I'll run a long length of hose and will not have a nozzle that will allow me to direct a very effective long distance stream of water. In those situations with a conventional hose, I would rely on an old trick; I'd simply bend the hose over on itself to form a tight bend which would effectively stop the flow of water. Then I'd put my thumb over the hose fitting end and slowly ease up pressure on the bend in the hose. This would enable me to sort of control the flow rate of the water with the one hand while directlng the sharp stream of water with my thumb that is over the hose end with my other hand. Well, this hose resists kinking so well that I can't do that with this hose. That's not really a negative, but it's the closest I can come to any, even remotely, negative comment about this hose so far.

This is a great hose. I can't speak to it's longevity since I have not had for any appreciable length of time yet and I'm must entering a long Upstate NY winter (not prime hose testing weather), But if the hose should burst, leak or have a fitting fall off, I'll be sure to update my review. For now I can say with early-on confidence that this is a great quality hose. It is much lighter in weight than the 5/8" hose that I had been using. It is much much easier to coil, it doesn't kink and it remains flexible in cold weather.

I was provided a sample for testing and review.

Review from Mr Erb.Thanks for watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment