Pages

Friday, December 27, 2013

Review Apple Peeler - Durable Apple Slicing, Coring & Peeling Machine - Peels Potatoes Too!

Apple Peeler - Durable Apple Slicing, Coring & Peeling Machine - Peels Potatoes Too!

Peeling apples by hand with a paring knife or manual peeler is not my favorite activity. Takes me forever. Well, it used to take me forever until I was introduced to this Vintage-looking Apple Peeler.

Yes, it's a bit of nostalgia for me. I remember seeing something similar to this in my GrandMothers kitchen. The one she had used a clamp to attach it to a table or counter top. This one uses a suction mount so you'll have to have a flat smooth surface. My countertops are slightly textured to I attach mine to a cooking pan. It works great and makes clean up easy too.

What's nice is that you can just peel the apples or you can peel and core them in the same amount of time. When you peel and core them, the apple is cut as a spiral cut.
It's so fast you won't beleive it. There are only a couple small adjustments you need to make before you can start peelling away and I show those steps in my video.

My only concerns with this apple peeler is that the chromed latches are attached to the red frame by pop rivets and the latch/rivet assembly seems a little cheesy to me. I'd prefer to see that made slightly more robust.

Some apples that aren't perfectly shaped and potatoes that have lots of eyes or aren't too smooth will have some areas where peel is left. That's just the way it is. So don't expect absolut perfection and be prepared to do a little touch-up manually if necessary. Apples usually come out really well, potatoes are a little more variable.

This is the fast and easy way to peel apples and potatoes.

I was provided a sample for review.

Review from Mr Erb.Thanks for watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment